2 stepdads in minors’ rape get jail terms, heavy fines
posted 15-Apr-2017  ·  
1,220 views  ·   0 comments  ·  

Two men accused of separately raping their teenaged stepdaughters in Viga and Panganiban and subsequently impregnating the minors have been sentenced by the Regional Trial Court to lengthy jail terms and ordered to pay damages to the victims.

In a recent decision, RTC Branch 42 Acting Presiding Judge Lelu P. Contreras meted Domingo Balidoy Entico the penalty of imprisonment ranging from eight years and one day as minimum to 14 years, eight months and one day as maximum. He was also ordered to pay the victim a total of P130,000.00 as civil indemnity, moral and exemplary damages.

Court records state that on May 17, 2009 at around 10 P.M., 17-year old Danielle (not her real name) was asleep with her family in the same room when someone touched her body. When she resisted his touch, her stepfather Domingo Entico whispered to her not to make noise or else he would kill her.

Covering her mouth with his hand, he removed her shorts and panty and raped her. Danielle cried but remained silent because she feared what her stepfather would do to her mother and three siblings. The incident was not the last, she claimed, as Entico would rape her whenever the rest of the family were asleep.

When she was rescued from the hut sometime in November 2010, the victim behaved in a confused manner and could hardly walk. Days later she was brought to the hospital where an ultrasound showed she was eight months pregnant and mentally deficient.

As soon as the case was filed, Entico left the town and was only rearrested after nearly three years, pleading not guilty when arraigned. Both parties agreed that DNA testing be conducted on Danielle’s child that was allegedly sired by the accused.

Faced with the finding that the child’s DNA showed him to be the father, Entico sought more time and eventually expressed his wish to enter into plea bargaining.

The same path was taken by Eduardo Odi Santos of Cabuyoan, Panganiban, who was charged with three counts of rape committed against

Martha (not her real name) had told the police that sometime in December 2014 while her mother had yet to come home after a heated argument with Santos, she and her siblings had already fallen asleep when she suddenly felt the presence of a person in front of her.

She got up and realized it was Santos, who suddenly held her hand, covered her mouth to prevent her from shouting, and removed her lower garments. Threatening to kill her and her mother, he raped her despite her cries of pain.

The incident was repeated twice in January 2015, with her stepfather leaving her in tears. She later found out that she got pregnant from the sexual abuse, which she revealed to a neighbor who brought her to the Municipal Social Welfare and Development Office.

During the initial presentation of evidence for the prosecution, the Court was informed by the jail escort that when he was about to bring Santos to the crime laboratory at Camp Francisco Camacho for the extraction of specimen for DNA testing, the accused said he wished to admit the charges in exchange for a reduced penalty.

During the plea bargaining that ensued, both parties agreed that Santos would be meted the penalty of imprisonment from 12 years and one day as minimum to 20 years as maximum for each of the three cases, to be served simultaneously. He was also directed to pay Martha the total sum of P130,000.00 as civil indemnity, moral and exemplary damages.

new to catanduanestribune.com?
connect with us to leave a comment.
connect thru
home home album photo album blogs blogs