P1.3-M lost in Bato fire that razed 2 classrooms
 
Bato, Catanduanes  ·  
posted 8-Oct-2018  ·  
275 views  ·   0 comments  ·  

Faulty electrical wiring was to likely to blame for the Sept. 26, 2018 blaze that burned down two classrooms at Cabugao Integrated School in Bato town, the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) disclosed last week.

The BFP’s Bato Fire Station received the call from a concerned citizen at about 4 P.M. and immediately responded, preventing the blaze from spreading to a nearby Temporary Learning Shelter and nearby school buildings.

The fire was eventually put out at 5:30 P.M., with fire officials estimating the damage at P1,344,000.00. No one was hurt in the incident, which arson investigators believe began from the electrical wirings in the ceiling.

School officials and teachers led by officer-in-charge Ruth Buhayo were reportedly out attending a training when the fire broke out at the building located at the back portion of the school.

It is claimed that the old classrooms, which are scheduled for demolition, have not been utilized for two weeks now as the students using the classrooms were transferred to ensure their safety. A new two-storey school building is set to be built on the same site.


0 comments
new to catanduanestribune.com?
connect with us to leave a comment.
connect thru
Cancel
Cancel
Cancel
home home album photo album blogs blogs