Virac police probes killing of man dumped near road
posted 7-Apr-2019  ·  
804 views  ·   0 comments  ·  

Investigators of the Virac police station have yet to find any evidence as to the identity or motive of the perpetrators who killed an unemployed man and dumped him near an isolated road sometime last Friday night (Mar. 22, 2019).

According to the report released by the office of Catanduanes police provincial director Senior Superintendent Paul Abay, the police received information from PO2 Francis Tomagan at 9:45 A.M. Saturday that a dead person had been found in barangay Pajo Baguio.

Investigation conducted by police disclosed that a certain Seth Villegas of Hawan Grande, discovered the body lying on a grassy portion more or less 5 meters from the barangay road linking the Pajo area to F. Tacorda Village.

The body was later identified as that of Patrick Ogalesco Abog, 27, single and a resident of the poblacion barangay of Rawis.

According to his mother, Mary Jane Ogalesco, who made the identification, she last saw the victim at 6 P.M. of Mar. 22, 2019 at around 6:00 PM at a wake for the dead in Rawis.

The police said the victim was believed to have been struck in the head with a blunt object, causing his instantaneous death, with the unidentified perpetrators leaving him at the place where he was later found.

Unconfirmed reports claim that Patrick was seen smoking a cigarette in front of a store near his home that night before going to the wake at about 8:30 P.M. He was observed drinking liquor with several men at a table before going back home to get a bag.

A review of the CCTV cameras of the barangay did not yield a clue as to who were his drinking partners or whether he left with them carrying the bag as the recordings were not good enough.

It is also claimed that some of those who were at the wake may have known Abog’s drinking partners or where he went after leaving the place at about 11 P.M.

The victim, who does occasional work as a laborer in construction sites, was said to have a habit of leaving home just carrying a bag without informing his kin of his destination and then coming back three days later.

At 9 A.M. Saturday, his mother was reportedly out in the street waiting for Patrick to come home, only to learn for herself the painful truth later.

new to
connect with us to leave a comment.
connect thru
home home album photo album blogs blogs